Thursday, 3 January 2013

i declare this violet finished


Yes I do - and oh my, don't I look pleased with myself!



Last summer I made a Colette Violet blouse but I wasn't too happy with the shape. I wanted to be able to wear it with jeans not tucked in, but the way it was it really needed to be tucked into a skirt or higher-waisted jeans. 


Before
after

I put in darts in the front and re-did the side seam about four times (incrementally because I was afraid to go too far!) until I got it to a fit that I liked.







So here is the finished version, waiting for summertime to roll around again, yeeeha!



2 comments:

  1. I just made the same changes on my muslin for my upcoming Violet: Reshape the bust-darts, removing fabric from the front panel and removing fabric from the backpanel. Makes it a lot more wearable.
    Like your version!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely triplets! Great minds do think alike! I like the shaping on yours. Might bear that in mind for my next one.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...